Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Pull my string!"

Well, our sources checked it out, and UNFORTUNATELY the Woody in the photo isn't mine. Here was the telling bit, the time stamp from the picture.




Apparently, in our rush to judgement, we failed to check out the most obvious but key piece of evidence. It turns out the photo was almost a year old. As you can tell by looking at the "WOODY WATCH" on the upper right of the page, my Woody disappeared last week.

I realize we didn't find what we thought we would find. But knowing what I know today, I would have made the same decision.

I can safely say we are leading the world in confronting and defeating the man-made evil of terrorism. There are days when you may not hear good news about our war on terror. Let me assure you there is never a day when I do not learn of another threat, or receive reports of operations in progress, or give an order in this global war against a scattered network of extremist. But the war goes on, and we are winning.

Until Next Time,

L

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you not know?

6:56 AM, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must have something to do with Iran. Sorry, but I think I heard the Iranians were in Niger trying to buy a saw with which to dispense of Woody. We should definitely overthrow their government for that.

9:17 AM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Lonnie S. said...

Chris,

Thanks for the tip. We'll check into it for sure. If it turns out to be true, can I count on you to be part of the "Coalition of the Woody" to help in our fight?

Remember "Either you are with us, or with the terrorists"

L

11:08 AM, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope woody doesn't practice journalism as a career

11:21 AM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home